Do you know about single leg romanian deadlift Exercise? This exercise is very similar to regular romanian dead lift. But just like the exercise sounds you are going to do it on one leg. This is the best isolation exercise for hamstrings. This exercise requires better amount of core control and stability to be able to perform the movement. Some of really very important points to remember before starting this exercise, first informal is that as you push back into you hips your knee is soft, you do not want to lock that knee all the way out. The second thing is that your back leg that is moving and your upper is going to maintain a bit of a see-saw motion. This is pushing back to your hips not just bending at the waist. This exercise also helps you to bring out any imbalances you might have in you legs.
Single Leg Deadlift Information :-
Primary Muscle :-Hamstrings
Secondary Muscles :-Glutes and Lower back
Equipment’s Used :-Dumbbells, Barbell and Kettle-bell
Exercise Level :-Intermediate
Force Type :-Pull
Single Leg Romanian Deadlift :-
- To perform single leg romanian deadlift, begin with feet directly underneath your hips and are shoulder width apart.
- Slightly bend your knees and raise one leg little above the ground.
- Slowly lower your upper body while bending your hips, and until your upper body is almost parallel to the floor.
- Naturally lift your one leg up raising behind you.
- Reach to full extension and hold on for few seconds.
- Then raise your upper body back to starting place.
- Repeat the movement as per prescribed number of repetitions.
Single Leg Romanian Deadlift Dumbbell :-
Single leg romanian deadlift is great toning exercise. It becomes more effective when performed with dumbbell as it strengthen glutes muscles, hamstrings and adductor magnus. Which build the strong legs and hips. Moreover, it also improves balance and stability throughout core. Steps to do this exercise :-
- First of all stand on one leg.
- While your arms are extended fully, hold one or two dumbbells with overhand grip in front of the body.
- Look straight ahead while keeping to back straight and core tight.
- Slowly lowers your torso toward the ground as far as you can. While bending your hips.
- Along with that lift your one leg up, raising behind you.
- Lower the dumbbell while hanging your arms in front of you.
- Hold the position for few seconds and reverse the movement.
Single Leg Romanian Deadlift Kettlebell :-
Once you have able to do romanian deadlift with body weight you can go for use kettlebell to liven it bit up. You can hold the kettlebell in two hands so that the weight is balanced in the center of the body. You can also do it while holding it in only one hand. Here is how to do using kettlebell :-
- Stand on one leg and hold a kettlebell in hand hanging on same side.
- Look straight ahead while keeping your back straight and core tight.
- Slowly lower your torso towards the ground as far as you can while bending your hips and keeping the knee slightly bent.
- Along with that extent your one leg up, raising it behind you.
- Lower the kettlebell while hanging arms in front of you.
- Hold the place for few seconds and repeat the movement as per desired repetitions.
Single Leg Romanian Deadlift Benefits :-
- It develops posterior chain, which is a group of muscles including glutious maxims, erector spinal and posterior deltoids. Single leg romanian deadlift is most effective exercise to develop posterior chain by exercising this in natural way.
- Maintaining balance is one of the most essential part of fitness. In fact for athletes it is of foremost important to maintain balance both dynamic as well as static. Single leg rdl improves balance very efficiently as this exercise is performed by keeping center of gravity over base of support. Which automatically makes us able to maintain balance.
- Generally everyone is dominant to either right side or left side. But for a sportsman, such a imbalance may lead to bad performance. So they need to be perfect in both. For correcting strength imbalances single leg deadlift is best option. As you can exercise your weaker leg more to set up balance in both.
- Movements like slightly lowering down upper body parallel to the floor while raising leg behind, while performing single leg RDL, no doubt increase our flexibility.
I think now you must got aware about that how to do single leg romanian deadlift while using different types of equipment’s with proper posture. In case of any query about single leg rdl you may ask in commenting section and if you like this article please share with others also.